- chart paper
Key Science Concepts
- Sounds have a source.
- An action has to take place in order for a sound to occur.
Tell children that you’ll be exploring sound together.
- Shh! Have children sit as quietly as possible for one minute and listen to the sounds around them.
- Write their observations on chart paper.
- Ask: What sounds did you hear? What do you think made that sound? Let’s try to imitate that sound.
Reflect and Share
Listen together quietly for one more minute.
- Did you hear any new sounds?
- Which sounds did you hear again?
- Did you hear anything that surprised you?
- Everyone was very quiet while we were listening. How did being quiet help us to listen?
Write down any new observations children make.