- Drip, Drop by Sarah Weeks
Key Science Concepts
- Water can flow quickly or slowly.
- Water sticks together to make drops.
Before you read: Show children the cover, and read the title and author’s name. Ask them why they think the book is called Drip, Drop and to describe what they think is happening on the cover.
After you read: Ask:
- How would you describe what a leak is?
- Where are the leaks in Pip Squeak’s house? What do you think is causing them?
- Flip through the book: What kind of containers does he use to catch the leaking water? Which ones do you think caught the most water? Why?
- Why do you think the leaking stopped?
- Can you think of some other things that might leak besides a roof? (faucet, hose, cup, container)