Using the “Our Ideas About Water” chart, review what you discovered this week. Give children a chance to add new ideas or change their previous ideas based on their new knowledge.
Display the three books you read this week. Show children the front covers of I Am Water and Drip, Drop, and the back cover of A Cool Drink of Water (which shows a spray of water drops from a water fountain). Ask, What’s similar about the water we see in these pictures?
The Shape of Water
- What did we notice about the size and shape of water drops?
- What happened to the shape of water when we put it in different containers?
Display the water containers and water tools used to move water. Ask:
- Which of these did you use to move water? How did you do it?
- Which of these were not good to move water? Why?
- Can someone demonstrate how a funnel works?
- What about the baster?
- What’s a good way to get water to move through a tube?