- Experimenting with Seeds (video)
Key Science Concepts
- Plants need water and light to grow.
- Plants grow from seeds. Some plants also grow from bulbs.
- Different plants grow from different seeds and bulbs.
Before you watch: Tell children that they will watch a short video in which two children plant different seeds.
After you watch: Ask children if the video reminded them of activities they did this week. How were they similar? Then ask:
- What happened to the seeds that were covered by the plate?
- Why do you think the uncovered ones grew and the covered ones did not?
- The children talked about seeds, roots, and leaves. What do you think roots are? How do you think they help a plant?
Optional: Watch the video a second time.