- new seeds children can add this week: acorns, chestnuts, pinecones, winged seed pods, dandelion seeds, etc.
- assorted types of seeds from last week’s activities
- beans, peapods, sunflower, and grass seeds (from activities in Week 1)
- plastic or paper bowls for displaying the seeds
- paper, crayons, and markers
This week children can add seeds they find outside: acorns, chestnuts, pinecones, dandelions, etc. If children are able to identify where the seeds originated—acorns found near an oak tree, for example—take a photograph of the tree to place next to the bowl in which the seed is displayed.