Remind children that earlier today they had examined the plants they’d been growing. Ask:
- Which of the plants you’re growing have roots? Describe what they look like.
- Can you see the roots of all the plants you’re growing? If not, how do you know that they are there?
- Which of the plants you’re growing have stems? What about leaves? What do they look like?
- Which of the plants seem to be growing the fastest? Why do you think that?
- Which plants are your favorites? Why?
Mention their examination of the small space outside on the ground. Ask:
- What kinds of plants did you see? Were the plants similar or different?
- Could you identify any parts of plants, like roots, stems, or leaves? Which ones?
- How did your magnifying glass help you look closely at the ground?
- What else did you notice in the small space besides plants?