Key Science Concepts
- Something of one color against a background of a similar color may be hard to see.
- Something of one color against a background of a contrasting color is easy to see.
Tell children that last week they made patterns from yellow and blue. In this game, they’ll make lots of different patterns with different colors.
- Explain how to play: Look at the color pattern the fish make. Then choose a fish that completes the pattern—you are given three choices of colored fish.
- Demonstrate how it’s done. Eight fish line up. The first seven are all light blue. The last one is white. What color should that fish be to complete the pattern?
- Have each child take a turn, guiding them if they get stuck.
- Tell children that the game will be available in the technology center and they’ll all have many chances to play.